- Data Center Facility Construction Projects
- Exciting New Hyperscale Data Center Fit-Outs
- Multiple, concurrent customer projects
- Off-site remote management & regular site visits (Greater Tokyo)
- Professional Japanese communication skills preferred.
EIRE Systems is working with a rapidly growing technology company that exists to re-imagine, build and operate hyperscale data centers that will meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies now and into the future. This company is quickly expanding across the Asia Pacific.
The Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of some of the most technical, cost efficient, and fast paced Data Center projects achievable. The role offers many challenges in driving continuous improvement and delivery of the highest quality, most technically efficient Data Centers in the world.
As Project Manager you will be a part of highly creative, diverse, efficient team tasked with tackling the most fascinating and challenging problems in delivering data facilities and fit out projects in Japan and across APAC. You will be at the forefront of the Data Center industry in terms delivery of innovative, energy efficiency and cost-effective products to the sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In partnership with the Technology, Operations and Commercial teams, the Project Manager
will be responsible for:
- Project management and oversight of construction related activities for new builds and fit out projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget;
- Project delivery including chair meetings, keep accurate records, ensure safety, monitor and status programs, identify and manage quality, assist with handover to operations teams and provide project health reports;
- In communication with internal and external project stakeholders, develop scope and designs for the seamless implementation and execution of the office and data hall fit outs;
Review of constructability of electrical and mechanical system designs associated with the construction of new data centers or the optimization of existing data centers;
- Creation of project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals, and capital requests;
- Provide Construction Management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centers;
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data center,
- Project costs and contracts management;
- Developing and reviewing tender packages including developing scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, review and recommendation;
- Developing and owning project cost data including budgeting; provide cost reporting including cash flows, cost to complete reports, and the like;
- Travel to data center sites for project initiation, project reviews and audits, constructability reviews, commissioning, project close out, and the like as required.
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Professional Project Management experience and evidence of successful delivery of at least one directly relevant infrastructure project.
- 2-3 years of work experience in the construction industry.
- Be able to read and interpret construction related drawings for all disciplines.
- Ability to develop performance and equipment requirements to vendors and contractors, communicate conceptual designs, and create/maintain project documentation before, during and after construction
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs and schedules with no impact on quality and reliability.
- Possess demonstrable leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills, be attentive to detail, and be able to maintain high quality standards.
- Be a motivated, highly dependable individual with limited oversight
- Academic background in Construction Management, Architecture, Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience directly related to the design or construction of large data center facilities, either colocation or client owned/operated.
- Previous vendor and contractor/subcontractor negotiation and management skills associated with construction and project execution.
- Experience with fast-track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
- Experience with large scale technical operations or compute farms.
- Knowledge of local and international building codes and regulations including Fire Codes, Building Codes, Energy Efficiency Codes, Sanitary Codes and Safety Codes.
- Knowledge and experience with large scale mechanical and power systems.
- Experience in power and mechanical system reliability and risk assessment studies (SPOF)
- Work experience with global international companies, both in larger APAC region and within US based organizations.
To work on-site and off-site (dependent on project needs) with customers in the Tokyo region. Applicants should be based in Japan, or able to come to Tokyo for interviews at short notice.