EIRE Systems is looking for a talented IT Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Administrator to work inside our client - a large Japanese professional services company that has a very international flavor!
Language Skills Required:
- Japanese: Fluent/Native-level (MUST)
- English: Intermediate read/write level. Conversation skills are welcomed but not required.
Eligible candidates should be based in Japan or able to return soon and be available for interviews in Tokyo at short notice.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deploying and administering IT systems, including computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware, and mobile devices.
- Proposing, designing, and implementing IT solutions that align with business needs and requests from other departments.
- Evaluating products to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency while meeting business requirements.
- Resolving Level 2 and Level 3 incidents, working closely with Service Fulfillment Analysts to prioritize and track tasks in the ticket queues.
- Executing software installations and deployments across computing systems.
- Ensuring security and policy compliance during technical tasks.
- Participating in technical meetings and contributing updates to documentation and process definitions.
- Performing maintenance, upgrades, and configuration changes for information systems.
- Monitoring IT systems, conducting performance analysis, and providing feedback to leads and colleagues.
- Collaborating with end users, Technical Leads, IT Project Managers, and external service providers.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer-focused with exceptional customer service skills, displaying sensitivity and discretion when needed.
- Strong multitasking skills, meeting commitments even in high-pressure situations.
- Proactive and dynamic attitude with flexibility to adapt to evolving demands.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for delivering outstanding results.
- Process-oriented mindset with a keen awareness of cultural differences and global acumen.
- Minimum of two years' hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Familiarity with Windows Servers, Azure, Cisco/Cisco Meraki Networking, and IT Security (desired).
- Knowledge of Server virtualization, such as Windows Hyper-V (desired).
- Familiarity with ITSM, such as ITIL (desired).
- Computing or engineering degree (desired).
- Professional technical certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, Azure Administrator Associate, CCNA, CCNP (highly desirable).
- Previous experience working in a global IT team (highly desirable).
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will have the opportunity to select one or more areas of specialization including:
- To tailor the professional development and skills development plans.
- To assign the resolution of particularly complex problems to technicians with the area of specialization.
- To create succession plans and career growth paths for other specialized technical roles in the IT organization
The IT Infrastructure Specialist reports to the IT Infrastructure Manager and receives functional guidance. The IT Infrastructure specialist frequently interacts with end users, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Technical Leads, IT Project Managers, and external service providers. Some business travel may be required, as driven by business needs. Special project assignment, backfill requirements or rotations may require short-term assignments to other locations. Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both onsite and remotely.