SAP (SCM) Systems Consultant
Enterprise IT System Maintenance and Operations
Maintenance and operations management and support for SAP (SCM modules, i.e. SD and MM)
Senior technology consultant opportunity with excellent, long-term career development prospects working with a very stable, enterprise client in the pharmaceuticals sector.
- Monitoring of each IT system (SAP, BW, ACMS, 3PL interface, etc.) related to IT Operation Services, and problem-solving issues related to the systems and various application interfaces
- Work in collaboration with various business departments, system owners and system administrators; also including Global teams (infrastructure team, interface team) and System support vendor
- Change request management – Receive and analyse system change requests, examine and make judgement on feasibility and priority, perform user acceptance test for changes and assume ownership of change and release management procedures.
- Risk analysis when introducing new system versions such as cloud system migrations.
- Management and support of related software installed on individual personal computers
- User registration management and controls
- Various other operational work and documentation creation, improvement or maintenance tasks.
※ Technical work is primarily done by support vendors and global IT teams. However, the Consultant will coordinate with those teams, and will need to understand the flow of system development, change management, and troubleshooting.
Required skills / experience
- Experience in building, support and/or maintaining enterprise application systems
- Basic operation of SAP (ECC6.0), BW, basic knowledge of SD or MM module
- General SCM systems knowledge and experience, such as End to End process of 3PL and Order to Cash, data flows of SAP (input / output), user management and role management
- Understanding of the flow of system development, change management, and troubleshooting.
- Although there is Hands-on work, we will train after hiring how to work and process with the client and how to use specified applications (business applications, FTP tools, incident ticket management system, change management system, etc.).
- Ability and/or willingness to learn and perform general system/application/user administration tasks. Training provided and self-driven learning resources available.
- Logical thinking, communication skills, coordination skills for collaboration between Japanese business departments, IT support vendors, and global IT teams will be required, resulting in coordination between departments.
- Communication with business department users and support vendors is mainly in Japanese.
- Communication with IT departments (global members) will be in English.
- English ability
- Reading and writing is necessary to respond to e-mails, read explanatory materials, and create documents such as operation procedure manuals in English.
- Oral communication is a plus for video conferencing, etc.
- Confidence and competence using major Microsoft applications including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook
- Due to the nature of maintenance and operation work, sudden troubles and night / holiday work is expected to occur.
- Early morning or night time meetings are necessary at times due to collaboration with the global teams, work may occur in the morning or at night due to the time difference – work hours can be adjusted by staggered work, substitute leave, etc. in such cases.