Japanese Bilingual Project Manager
Software Solution Deployment / Replacement - Finance Industry
- Senior Project Manager for a 12-18 month implementation of a Workflow Software Solution for financial research publishing (sell-side research).
- With the support of a small local team of Technical Project Managers and Product SMEs in Tokyo, HK & Manila, lead the project, facing off directly with Japanese client-side business users, managing client expectations and facilitating communications between client-side business users and local/global product stakeholders.
- Financial sector knowledge and experience is expected.
The Business Context:
- Replacing a system the client (Japanese Financial Institution), built over many years with the new solution - which is a sell-side investment research publishing system that utilizes Data feeds and APIs to integrate with client’s third party systems (CRM, market data, etc.)
Skills & Experience Requirments:
- Excellent language skills in Japanese and English
- 10 years of experience in IT Software Solutions deployment, integration, consulting and support.
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Experience in financial services
The Project Manager (Scope):
- Managing all internal and client-facing communication related to the implementation project
- Managing client expectations and ensuring scope is clearly defined at all times. Managing scope change requests, rigorously processing change requests and pushing back on client requests outside of project scope when needed
- Business analysis and requirements collection, verifying and validating new and previously confirmed requirements, negotiation with the client on practical / achievable requirements, etc.
- Putting together and keeping project documentation up to date for the client and for internal stakeholders
- Implementation timeline (Gantt chart…)
- Statements of Work
- Risk Register
- Meeting minutes
- Coordinating delivery cycle
- Making sure the Definition of Done for each deliverable is clearly defined
- Breaking down work required to achieve deliverable is clearly assigned to internal and client project team members
- Making sure all necessary work packages are complete for every deliverable
- Coordinate deliveries to the client
- Coordinating end-user testing
- Collecting feedback and validation from client stakeholders
- Keeping track of what’s complete and what remains to be done, gathering and organizing lists of issues and change requests
- Interacting in Japanese with the client and in English with internal stakeholders