- Bilingual Technical Customer Support for corporate end-user systems (hardware & software)
- Smart Hands services for Network Infrastructure
- Rapidly expanding environment with many opportunities for career growth!
Our client is a rapidly expanding company in the area of Hyper-scale Data Centers. They operate some of the largest hyperscale data center facilities in the APAC region; re-imagining the data centers of yesterday and transforming the industry for the future.
In taking on this challenge as a resident IT Support Engineer, based in the client's Tokyo offices, you will become a critical member of a very exciting phase of the company's growth and development.
Role & Responsibilities:
Provide on-site IT technical support and smart-hands services on all corporate IT Systems in the Tokyo office, including the following:
- Windows-based End User hardware and software (PCs/laptops, mobile devices, printers, email, office applications, etc.).
- Teams Video Conferencing units
- Cisco, Fortigate and Ubiquiti Networking, NetApps Storage devices, among others
Job duties to include, but not be limited to:
- Analyze and provide IT-related resolutions and assistance to customers and internal organizations (i.e. system engineers, consultants, etc.).
- Analysis, diagnostics and simulations of customer problems, effectively escalate to development/engineering teams and follow-ups to ensure problems are fixed to the satisfaction of customers.
- Exercise independent judgment in support activities and IT delivery techniques, while still following policy/procedures.
- Create, review, validate and follow IT Service documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures; Undertake and document Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Evaluate technology product performance and serviceability, and contribute to hardware and software usage or modification decisions.
- On-call duties for evenings and weekends may be required from time-to-time.
Language Skill Requirements:
- Bilingual Japanese and English to communicate effectively with colleagues, partners and vendors in a Japanese/English bilingual environment.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience providing Technical Support for corporate IT endpoint technologies (desktop support)
- Friendly, polite and professional customer service interaction skills, even during times of stress.
- Knowledge of networking technical concepts and fundamentals for trouble-shooting
- Familiarity with Ethernet technologies, cabling and fault finding connectivity issues (copper/fiber).
- Be highly motivated to take action in creating opportunities or avoid problems. Be able to use initiative and encourage initiative in others
- Team Player. Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment that promotes sharing of knowledge and experiences.
- Able to prioritize and promptly respond to customer issues/requests
- Preferred: an academic background in Information Technology subject and/or professional level technical certifications for computing, systems or IT infrastructure.