The Site Reliability Engineer is a key part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the continuous development of our client’s online apps and web sites.
As an EIRE Systems consultant you’ll be deployed onsite at our client's Tokyo head office to deliver the following professional IT Services:
- Responsibility for developing applications and tools to be used for maintaining, operating, and optimizing the data pipeline.
- Performing system-wide analysis and diagnosis for capacity planning, performance tuning, and reliability
- Close collaboration with applications engineers, end-user support personnel, and product teams to provide technical support.
- Applications development in Go, Java, and/or Python.
- Solid experience architecting distributed data systems
- System administrator level support for applications running in Linux.
- Managing systems at infrastructure level – bare-metal and cloud-base
- Testing systems functionality, redundancy/fail-over, mitigation.
- Experience with configuration management tool like Ansible and/or Chef.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems, defining SLAs, SLOs and SLIs.
- Working with databases/data stores: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB
- Setup, test and monitor distributed relational databases
- Experience with timeseries databases
- CI/CD using Jenkins and Artificatory. Maintaining build pipelines for applications developed in Java, NodeJS, and Scala.
- Maintaining and operating applications containerized in Docker.
- Good communication skill both verbal and written. Technical documentation.