Role Scope and Responsibilities:
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for systems operations, maintenance and projects.
- Various back office business management systems (i.e. applications for HR, purchasing, finance, legal / compliance, etc.)
- Exciting bridging role across Japanese and Global business and technology teams
Working collaboratively with the relevant system business departments, local/global internal technical resources and external systems support vendors, you will function as the primary point of contact for the systems in production to lead and facilitate all phases of the systems operations including:
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Systems status monitoring and reporting
- Handling of incidents, troubleshooting and problem resolutions
- Investigation and planning for implementing preventative measures to avoid incident recurrence.
- Change request management,
- Direct and coordinate the flow of any system development activities such as requirements definition, confirming development schedules, acceptance testing and release management.
- Support for Systems upgrades, including planning, testing and execution management.
- Risk analysis support related to utilization of cloud-based applications
- Administrative support for user registration tasks and licensing matters
- Reviewing, updating or improving operational procedures and systems management documentation.
- Applicants should ideally come from a technical background. While there are no specific programming, hardware or software skills required, a professional background in either system development and/or maintenance of enterprise business applications, working in a complex global enterprise environment is expected.
- General understanding of workflows, processes and procedures for:
- Operational support, incident management, problem resolution, preventative maintenance and reporting.
- Systems development cycles, project planning, testing, change management and release management
- Logical thinking and communication skills for effective coordination between Japanese business teams, Global IT teams and external IT support vendors.
Notes on Language skills:
- [Nice to have]: It will be advantageous if applicants have any/all of the following:
- SAP ECC6.0 user experience knowledge.
- Oracle DB or SQL user level skills,
- Ability to produce and update Gantt-Chart on MS-Project.
- Japanese is the main language used to communicate with business users, support vendors.
- English is required to communicate with the Global IT team.
- Excellent time management, independent organizational skills, flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities and work schedules at short notice will be required for this role.
- Due to collaboration with global teams, work may occur in the morning and/or at night due to time differences. Applicants will also need to accept that there may occasionally be incidents that require unplanned night / holiday work and may need to adjust working schedules accordingly.