Title: Network Engineer (contract)
Location: Central Tokyo
Contract Length: 3- 6 months with a chance to extend
We're currently looking for someone to fill a contract position (3-6 months with the chance for an extension)
EIRE Systems partners with a major financial institution in Tokyo, to manage a dedicated infrastructure for a suite of proprietary Trading Systems and other critical business applications. The role will work on-site at our client's Tokyo head office as a member of our team which comprises specialist Network and Server engineers.
- Work closely with Network and server engineers supporting day-to-day Network Operations;
- Cisco switch router and firewall maintenance and assisting project implementation activities.
- Installation of new networking equipment and hardware in the data center (such as Nexus switches, Palo Alto firewalls, etc.)
- Work with the team to design, plan and execute changes requests such as firewall settings, device replacements, configuration changes and updates/upgrades.
This is an immediately available position and candidates should have permission to work in Japan and be available to start working quickly.
- Advanced level knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 network designs and expertise in supporting a variety of enterprise Cisco switches and routers
- Cisco Nexus configuration experience (ideally Nexus 9000)
- Advanced routing knowledge (BGP) - preferred
- Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls (setup and configuration experience) - preferred
- Multicast configuration experience (preferred, but not required);
- Professional-level English communication skills, Japanese language skills are good to have, but not required