EIRE Systems is looking to hire a Data Center Support Engineer to provide professional Data Center Operations Support Services
Candidates should be capable to communicate effectively both in Cantonese and English and should understand the physical requirements and day-to-day operations procedures for management of an enterprise data center.
Equipment Physical Installation
- Carry out move and changes (MAC) which includes obtaining requirements from IT silos on MAC work (such as power, space, physical connectivity, etc), centralize all installation requests, provide a wide range of services from handling deliveries, assigning rack locations, taking the lead to review with power, cooling and cabling on installation, carry out network/fiber patching, physical rack/stack equipment, inventory management (labels, bar-codes), configure management console or iLo ports, rack diagram updates.
- Obtain and collect all data necessary for management/operation report, including capacity management, forecasts, vendor coordination, patching, tape management and available resources, co-ordinate with IT Business Management to update Asset records.
Data Center Power-down & Annual Maintenance Management
- Work with equipment owners (IT silos), IT Finance, IT Business Management, IT Security, and approved vendor for pick-up, data wiping, and disposal.
- Coordination with different vendors and all IT silos for power down or annual schedule maintenance events.
- Morning/End of Day checks: Hardware physical inspection, email status report.
- Vendor Management: arrange onsite access and escort for vendors should it be required for break-fix, installation or any project works
- Access Arrangement: assist IT silos to arrange data center access as required.
- Smart hands services: assist IT silos to perform reboot, hardware failure trouble shooting etc.
- Staff will be working in shift patterns, Monday – Saturday, 40 hours a week.
- Monday-Friday - morning shift 0800-1700hrs, general shift 1030-1930hrs and late shift 1230-2130 hrs (except Monday morning shift 0700-1600 hrs)
- Saturday – 0900-1800 hrs
- Non-coverage hours and Sunday will be on-call basis. Staff will need to attend emergency calls as required.
- Servers (Blade & Rack mounts): Sun, IBM, HP, Dell
- IBM Tape Library
- Cisco, Juniper and Arista switches
- Avaya PBX
- Brocade SAN switches
- Hitachi and Netapp Storage arrays
- Language: Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese is a plus
- Good Communication skills, responsible person, proactive
- Data center related work experience, financial company background is a plus
- Good understanding of server installation procedures
- Good understanding of data center M&E infrastructure and its resiliency design (UPS, Generator, CRAC, cabling, containment routes, etc) is a plus