Project Manager - for Delivery of Trader Voice & Unified Communications Solution Implementations; Financial Services Sector Customers.
Our client has a vision to become the world's leading provider of real-time collaboration and communications solutions for the enterprise's most vital communications environments. The Trading and Command business designs, develops, produces, sells, installs and supports, easy-to-integrate unified communication solutions for global customers in the Financial Services Sector.
In this challenging role, you will likely manage multiple projects for multiple customers concurrently. Projects will include a mix of potentially highly complex Trading & Command Solutions deployments and smaller, less complex work as customer orders dictate.
- Project management of the technical delivery elements for medium/large technology implementation projects in Japan to customers in the Financial Services Sector.
- As owner of the customer relationship, be accountable for the delivery of projects to defined time, cost and quality requirements.
- Working within customer organisations and facing-off with customer-side stakeholders (e.g. IT Infra Managers), for all aspects of the delivery elements for the duration of the project.
- Lead the virtual (off-site) team of engineering resources responsible for delivering against the defined project plan.
- Pro-actively manage resource planning for engagement of the Operational and 3rd-party resources required to meet project deliverables.
- Advocate and effect change by influencing decision makers and persuading operational people to adopt different working practices.
- Professional level proficiency using both Japanese & English.
- Previous experience planning and managing the technical delivery elements for Trader Voice and Unified Communications system implementation projects.
- Relevant experience in the Financial Services sector, with working knowledge of Financial Securities Trading Systems technology.
- Demonstrate the management skills and experience required to successfully lead the work of multi-disciplinary, virtual workforces and/or external sub-contractors where applicable.
- Ability to build and own key relationships with the customer, stakeholders and project personnel as required.
- Sufficient industry and technical knowledge to be able to identify and manage risks associated with the technical solution being delivered.