EIRE Systems partners with a major financial institution in Tokyo, to manage a dedicated infrastructure for a suite of proprietary Trading Systems and other critical business applications.
Working onsite at our client's Tokyo head office, the role functions as a member of a team of Network and Server specialists to support the production environment and to engineer continuous improvements, capitalizing on opportunities for automation and better enabling future expansions and increased complexity.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Network & Automation Engineer for an immediate opening in this team.
The Network & Automation Engineer will function as a member of the team to:
- Work on network engineering projects aimed at reducing manual workload through automation. Develop, test, present for reviews and implement approved automation solutions. Example projects such as:
- Automating BAU tasks
- Automating deployment of new device configurations; network and firewall configuration changes
- Development of custom network monitoring scripts
- Contribute towards Network Automation transformation, Software Defined Networking and CI/CD for zero touch deployment (Network as Code)
- Contribute ideas regarding Network Architecture and propose technical solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Monitor the health of the network and respond appropriately to alerts and users requests in accordance with corporate operational standards
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve LAN/WAN problems, performance and security issues
- Cisco switch and router (Cisco Nexus 9000/3000 among others) and firewall (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA) maintenance; working with the team to design, plan and execute changes such as firewall settings, device replacements, configuration changes and updates/upgrades.
- Adhere to Network Engineering documentation standards for all changes/requests
- Create and update detailed network diagrams and reports.
- Scripting skills for automating network administration tasks, preferably using Python
- Experience in one or more automation frameworks such as Ansible, Saltstack or Nornir
- Knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 network designs and expertise in supporting a variety of enterprise Cisco switches and routers, preferably Cisco Nexus configuration experience.
- Expertise for multiple routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, static routing)
- Network troubleshooting skills utilizing tcpdump or other command line packet capture tools.
- Skills and experience parsing syslog messages
- Experience setting up, configuring and supporting firewalls, preferably Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) knowledge (including multiple VRFs and inter VRF routing);
- Multicasting - configuration experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge/experience designing, implementing and/or supporting New Generation Datacenter Network Design, e.g.: Spine-Leaf architecture (Preferred)