EIRE Systems is looking to hire a Data Center Support Engineer to provide professional Data Center Operations Support Services for one of its global banking sector clients. The successful candidate will be available to start quickly and will work on-site at the client’s Data Center facilities.
Candidates should be able to understand the physical requirements (power, cooling, capacity metrics, cabling, hardware) and day-to-day operations procedures for management of an enterprise data center.
The Data Center Engineer will work in a team to provide the following services to the client:
- Ready for business support
- Server and Network device install, move, add, change (IMAC) support
- IT cabling patching and patch management
- Provision of onsite support
- Clear communication of activities between teams
- Access control and security management
- Rack allocation and DC space management
- Capacity planning
- Inventory management including disposal support for DC assets
- Annual power down support
- Level 1 support of disaster recovery site PCs
- Other related tasks that may be requested
- Familiar with ITIL Processes and experience in using Ticketing Systems (ServiceNow).
The Candidate should be comfortable working without constant supervision and be able to identify and prioritise tasks.
Opportunities for career advancement exist for highly motivated individuals in the areas of Data Center Operations Management and Project Management for Data Center and IT Infrastructure projects. In addition to providing opportunities to develop professional experiences, EIRE Systems encourages it’s employees to continuously challenge themselves and to upgrade their technical and professional skills through industry-based training programs and certification incentives.
- Good Communication skills, responsible personality, and proactive
- 3 years working experience minimum
- Data center related work experience and financial company background is a plus
- Good understanding of server installation procedures
- Good understanding of data center M&E infrastructure and its resiliency design (UPS, Generator, CRAC, cabling, containment routes, etc) is a plus
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and can work under pressure
is a plus, such as PMP