EIRE Systems is looking to hire a Data Center Support Engineer to provide professional Data Center Operations and Project Support Services for one of its global banking sector clients. The successful candidate will work on-site at the client’s Data Center facilities in the Central Tokyo and West Tokyo areas.
Data Center Project Engineer - Job Description
Data Center Operations - work as part of a client focused Data Center operations team that manages the Data Center and Co-lo environments in Japan in compliance with Global, Regional, and Local standards, policies and Standard Operating Procedures including: Physical Access Control; Operations; Asset Management; Logistics; Media Operations; Break fix and; Incident Resolution
Data Center Build-Out Project - Daily activities will include:
- Installation of new equipment into data center equipment racks;
- Installation of new cabling and cable management;
- Removal of decommissioned equipment and cabling;
- Incident resolution and change management;
- Coordinating with and supervising third party vendors to ensure compliance with corporate standards;
- Managing data center access for all visitors;
- Logistics tasks including deliveries of equipment and storeroom management;
- IT asset management including inventory management and; Media operations;
- Support for capacity management and planning taking into account future Business and IT demands;
- Proven track record in live Data Center management and implementation within a large scale environment.
- Knowledge of Data Center technologies and associated environmental tooling and monitoring.
- Knowledge of handling tools like bar-code scanners, degaussers, FLUKE cable testers, weather meters, etc…
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and decision-making skills.
- Aggressive / pro-active problem diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Understanding of server, network, and storage technologies.
- Understanding of copper and fiber optics standards.
- Understanding of power and cooling equipment and standards used in Data Centers.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office software, SharePoint, and Skype.
- Strong customer support and results oriented.
- Professional level English is a must. Japanese verbal communication skills preferred.
Opportunities for career advancement exist for highly motivated individuals in the areas of Data Center Operations Management and Project Management for Data Center and IT Infrastructure projects. In addition to providing opportunities to develop professional experiences, EIRE Systems encourages it’s employees to continuously challenge themselves and to upgrade their technical and professional skills through industry-based training programs and certification incentives.