Desktop Support Engineer
EIRE Systems is looking for an experienced Desktop Engineer to join our team in Hong Kong. The role will be to support our clients - leading financial institution and SME's. This is a new role, the job encompasses providing end-to-end support services for IT and desk side support in our client’s offices. This is a hands-on role where an outstanding customer service ethic is key as the team is completely customer facing. Excellent Win7 and Office 2010 skills - VDI experience would be a nice to have. A candidate with 3-to-5 years experience preferred.
- Provide technical support/training for all technology equipment (PC’s, Mac’s, Printers, Video Conference)
- Support virtual desktop environment running Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Manage the inventory of hardware/software, systems life cycle and vendor contracts concerning end-user equipment
- Virtual Desktop / Desktop / Laptop build, installation, security and hardware management
- Administration of accounts and resources through Active Directory
- Incident support and change management
- Mobility support (Blackberry, iPhone, Remote access)
Your skills and experience
- 3-to-5 year’s experience in IT, desktop support is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Technology or related discipline.
- Experience in Banking, Finance or ideally Fund related business.
- A solid understanding of Windows 7.
- Experience and knowledge in building/maintaining hardware.
- Experience in supporting a virtual desktop environment is a plus.
- Passion and interest in end-to-end customer services.
- Flexible and adaptable, responds rapidly to changing agendas. Able to re-prioritise and organise effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Organised with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Comfortable in raising issues and ensuring that corrective measures are taken in timely manner.
- Interest in analysing and solving complex problems.
- Graduate Calibre or HNC and Industry Recognised Qualifications – MCSE is a plus.
- ITIL Foundation IT Service Management is a plus.
- Apple Mac OS skills are a plus.