EIRE Systems is looking to hire a Data Center IT/Facilities Support Engineer to provide professional Data Center Operations Support Services for one of our clients, a large global financial institution.
The primary work location will be our client's head office in Chiyoda-ku. Local travel to several off-site data centers in the Tokyo area will be required as project and operational needs dictate.
No night-shift work!
Work hours are typically 8-hours on weekdays scheduled between 9am to 10pm. Weekend activities will be required as as project and operational needs dictate.
Ideally we are seeking applicants with a working knowledge of the day-to-day operations procedures for Data Center management and a basic understanding of the physical elements (network cabling, hardware, power, cooling, capacity metrics) of an enterprise data center.
However applicants with a technical background, fundamental electrical systems knowledge, a high work ethic and can demonstrate aptitude and willingness to learn data center facilities management, are also encouraged to apply.
The Data Center Operations Engineer will work as a member of a team to provide the following services onsite in our client's Tokyo offices and data center sites:
- Data Center Site Management - Ready for business support, daily status reporting, visual inspections for IT facilities.
- IT Facilities equipment inspections and maintenance; configuration and installation of PDUs; in-rack power systems, electrical and network cabling; rack maintenance (locks, doors, frames)
- Execution of Change management and Incident management procedures and processes.
- Capacity reporting/planning, Rack allocation and Data Center space management
- Vendor/supplier management and co-ordination, access control and security management and vendor escorting;
- Inventory management including labeling of equipment and disposal support for Data Center equipment and associated assets
- Documentation and Data Center Diagram Management
- Project Management Support including preparation of costing and implementation plans for Data Center facilities changes and related projects.
- Annual power down support
- Data Center process review; Documentation and reporting; Standardization / harmonization between sites and adherence with global standards
- Ideally we are seeking applicants with a working knowledge of the day-to-day operations procedures for management and a basic understanding physical elements (network cabling, hardware, power, cooling, capacity metrics) of an enterprise data center. However applicants with a technical background, fundamental electrical systems knowledge, a high work ethic and can demonstrate capacity and willingness to learn data center facilities management, are also encouraged to apply.
- Able to perform the majority of the above tasks independently.
- Team-work mindset to coordinate and share workload within a small team.
- Nice to Have -professional level communication skills using Japanese.
The candidate will work based in the Tokyo area (Chiyoda-ku). Local travel to several sites located around the Tokyo area will be required.
Opportunities for career advancement exist for highly motivated individuals in the areas of Data Center Operations Management and Project Management for Data Center and IT Infrastructure projects. In addition to providing opportunities to develop professional experiences, EIRE Systems encourages it’s employees to continuously challenge themselves and to upgrade their technical and professional skills through industry-based training programs and certification incentives.