Great opportunity for a Japanese and English-speaking Technician to work with a team of specialists in a dynamic, international corporate environment.
We will entrust you to:
The team aim to provide exemplary support customers for industry leading technology solutions; PC hardware and software, monitors, biometric devices, routers, servers.
This role is not a regular desk-bound job. It offers an interesting balance of work internally within the office and the opportunity to move around between customer sites. You will be regularly required to visit customer offices and data center sites to perform on-site technical support work.
- Assist customers with hardware, software, and networking problems, face-to-face with customers
- Install and service PCs, flat panels, docking stations, network hardware and cabling at customer sites - mostly office and data center environments.
- Arrange delivery and removal of computer and network hardware, including related administrative tasks.
- Deliver an exemplary level of customer service under pressure, whilst maintaining focus on solving the issue – both in-person and by phone/email
- Accurately detail troubleshooting steps and resolutions, ensuring all work is logged and updated using our proprietary ticketing system.
- Challenge yourself to improve investigation and troubleshooting skills - be curious and ask questions to determine the nature of a problem.
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Be organized and manage incoming workflows and coordinate activities with team members.
- Be flexible to adjust work schedules to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (substitution holidays provided in case of weekend work).
Primary Work Location:
- Professional level experience supporting Windows computers
- Some exposure to basic networking (example: internet routers, server hardware, cables and patching) and networking knowledge related to TCP/IP, LAN and WAN
- Proven customer service-oriented background with experience solving customer problems of either over the phone or on client site.
- Very good communication skills to work well with team members and external customers.
- Business-level proficiency in written and spoken Japanese and English
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize your work
- Ability to lift and carry PC and network equipment is required.
- Flexibility, time management skills and physical stamina are all essential attributes for this role.
Marunouchi (about 1-2 minutes from JR Tokyo Stn.)
Applicants should be based in Japan and available for interview.