IT Infrastructure Project Management Consulting opportunities working with leading multinational enterprise companies in Tokyo to deliver a range of medium to large scale IT infrastructure projects including network expansions, office and/or data center design & builds, re-locations, applications infrastructure migrations and and consolidation projects.
Projects may include but not be limited to:
- Data Centre and Office Infrastructure fit-outs and re-locations
- IT network, server and storage Infrastructure upgrades and migrations, network expansion and consolidations
- Enterprise software and/or hardware mass-deployments, upgrades and migrations
This is a wide-ranging position, with many opportunities to gain exposure to some of the latest technologies available on the market. Candidates should be detail-oriented, logical, have good communication and documentation skills, who also enjoy working in fast paced environments.
Successful Applicants will be: seasoned IT professionals, experienced in the planning and implementation of a wide array of technical and business projects. The individual must identify and address the technology, planning, scheduling and personnel issues pertinent to the implementation of an effective network/infrastructure build, expansion, upgrade, migration or relocation project.
Additionally, the following specific knowledge/experience is required:
- Experience of planning and implementing a large IT Infrastructure Project (or several smaller projects), and able to demonstrate such experience.
- Project planning for systems infrastructure, cabling & patch design changes, distributed platforms and networks, PC's and end-user computing moves/changes.
- Organised, methodical Project Management skills, including scheduling, resourcing and vendor management; Budgets, proposal justification and cost analysis.
- Project Management certification advantageous e.g. PMP, Prince 2
- Competent use of presentation and project management software.
- Ideally (but not a must requirement) to have basic knowledge of Investment Banking IT concepts, with an emphasis on the type of applications and infrastructure used to support Dealing Room and Operations functions.
- Experience of working with and managing a diverse team on IT Staff, and third party vendors.
- Professional level English and Japanese communication skills preferred.
- Individual projects will have different requirements on Japanese language ability. Applicants with strong relevant IT project management experiences but minimal Japanese language ability are also encouraged to contact us.
Location / Environment:
To work on-site and off-site (dependent on project needs) with customers in the Tokyo region. Applicants should be based in Japan, or able to come to Tokyo for interviews at short notice.