Join our team of Client Technical Support Engineers who provide professional IT services to our large enterprise and small-to-medium-scale client customers. EIRE Systems offers a varied and challenging IT services career in a highly diverse and fast-moving business environment.
As a member of a diverse team of bilingual IT professionals, you will gain experience supporting the IT environments for a variety of different client companies. You will have the chance to learn and provide technical support for many different end-user computing technologies.
Your efforts to continuously learn and improve your technical skills and professional expertise will be rewarded with opportunities to be involved in a wide range of IT projects and support services. Future career growth opportunities exist to develop more advanced technical skills including networking, servers, cloud-based infrastructure, business software and security solutions. Also, project management and service delivery.
The Desktop Support Engineer's primary role will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer support for various end-user computing technologies - i.e. desktop PCs, mobile devices, network printers and other office equipment, standard office and financial applications, client-server and cloud/web-based solutions etc.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with our client support model and our customers' technical environments.
- Contribute to improving processes and documentation with the goal of improving the level of support provided to clients.
Customer management is a major challenge in this role and your preference for and ability to work without constant supervision, as well as your excellent time management skills (i.e. identifying and prioritizing tasks) will be key to your success.
- Strong technical knowledge for supporting Windows OS. Windows 7 and/or Windows 10 knowledge preferred.
- Experience in installing and deploying PC hardware and software in a professional setting.
- Ability to support Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Outlook/Exchange or O365.
- Relevant industry certifications (i.e. MCDST, MCITP, MCSA, CCNA etc.) will add value to your application.Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with users, internal/external customers and business partners.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Understanding of and willingness/ability to expand your knowledge of network designs and related support issues. Cisco networking skills/experience will be an advantage.
Language Skills Requirement:
- Professional level communication skills using both Japanese and English.
Career Advancement Opportunities:
Your high work ethic and willingness to work on developing your technical and professional expertise will be rewarded with ongoing opportunities to be involved in a wide range IT projects and support services such as:
- Enterprise PC deployment and upgrade projects
- Email and network software installation and support,
- Server/Network design, installation, configuration and testing;
- Security solutions (firewalls/encryption technologies) installation and testing;
- Project management, project planning and implementation; Conducting Site surveys and preparing systems documentation; Vendor Management and Hardware/Software procurement
Location / Environment:
Most of our clients are located within the central Tokyo area. Some travel to client sites outside Tokyo may be required.