Citrix XenApp / Xendesktop / Netscaler Support
Very large scale global Citrix environment
Global Financial Institution, Tokyo
Multi-year project, starting Q1 2024
Join a team of very dedicated technology professionals in the financial services industry to provide a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform.
The global team supports 70,000+ users remotely accessing firm resources via the Citrix Netscaler / XenApp / XenDesktop Infrastructure.
You will have the opportunity to work within a large global environment of 150+ Netscalers, 1000+ Citrix servers and 100,000 VDA’s. The globally distributed team interact with regional and global colleagues to drive change, identifying areas for process improvement, automation and scripting wherever possible.
※ Applicants should be eligible to work full-time in Japan and be available to commute to the Tokyo corporate head office.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
Key Skills Required:
- Become a Citrix subject matter expert focused on Citrix Netscalers - VPN vServers, advanced policy expressions, load balancing, and other gateway components
- Work on Citrix cloud adaptation.
- Troubleshoot Remote access and Connectivity issues (Citrix Xenapp/XenDesktop/ADCs)
- Support Per App VPN for Mobile Intune
- Citrix Secure browser support
- Configure/support all aspects of Citrix / Xenapp / XenDesktop Infrastructure working with various Engineering groups to deliver solutions and value to customers.
- Resolve incidents impacting hosts or environment.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Collaborate with global colleagues, and escalate/liaise with other internal/external groups to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
- Investigate & troubleshoot root causes via problem management
- Respond to escalations coming from L2 operations teams.
- Facilitate knowledge amongst colleagues.
- Plan controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
- Provide input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Assist in major environment events such as power down and disaster recovery.
Desired Skills (Any of the below):
- Strong understanding of Citrix Netscaler/ADM technologies, including AAA, Encryption, Federated and Multi-factor Auth.
- Working knowledge of Citrix technologies including XenApp/XenDesktop, StoreFront, Citrix Workspace app /Receiver
- Experience in supporting Windows Operating Systems including Windows Server 2016R2 and 2019
- Experience in at least one endpoint and configuration management system (e.g. Microsoft System Center, IBM Bigfix, Tanium, Powershell DSC etc.)
- Experience in security deployments (e.g. Patch deployments, Firmware upgrades, etc.)
- Knowledge of threat management principles
- Understanding of Performance Analysis and Troubleshooting tools (e.g. Sysinternals Tools, PerfMon, Splunk, ExtraHop, etc.)
- Good communication skills in English and the ability to effectively communicate with technical / non-technical personnel
- Experienced in PowerShell scripting
- GTM/LTM load balancer
- GIT Hub for code repositories
※ Applicants should be eligible to work full-time in Japan.
- Extensive Experience in large scale Citrix environments
- Experience in design/support of Citrix solutions in a high-availability enterprise setting
- Experience in deploying, migrating and supporting core Microsoft technologies on a large-scale environment (e.g. Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, System Center Suite including Operations Manager, Configuration Manager and Orchestrator, WSUS, Failover Clustering DFS-R, DFS-N, Printing)
- Citrix Cloud/Microsoft cloud (Azure)
- Clustering and Storage Management technologies
- Understanding of Network layers