Working onsite at our major global financial client's Tokyo office, the position will be situated within their Reliability and Production Engineering team (RPE). This is the global group responsible for ensuring optimal performance and stability of applications and infrastructure providing critical IT services to multiple businesses and product lines.
The role offers a fast-paced and interesting mix of technical and business challenges, allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of the client's trading technologies and businesses. While direct experience with these systems and business lines is not essential, the role requires these skills and knowledge to be developed over time. The team operates on a global, follow-the-sun basis that includes weekend coverage on rotation.
- Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts promptly and professionally; ensure issues are tracked through to resolution.
- Ensure efficient incident management, ensuring accurate communication to impacted groups and timely resolution
- Facilitate root cause investigations and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures
- Manage coverage during Asian and European market hours, including weekend pre-open ready-for-business checks.
- Proactively identify and respond promptly to failures
- Partner with development teams to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency.
- Ensure team knowledge is current and forward-looking
- Respond to regulatory and compliance issues with urgency
- Liaise with external technology vendors and exchanges to coordinate changes and resolve connectivity and market data issues.
- Review, execute, and verify production changes in strict accordance with procedures defined in change documents
- Take an active role in planned technology events, i.e. business continuity tests, ensuring recovery procedures are accurate and complete.
- Leverage tools and resources available within the firm to simplify, automate, or eliminate inefficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Strategic mindset with specific focus on tooling, automation, and efficiency
- Able to troubleshoot, problem solver, analytical
- Proficiency with Linux
- Understanding of agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Thorough understanding of SRE concepts and principles
- Familiarity with SDLC processes and management tools (Jira/GIT/Stashblue)
- Network diagnostic skills and experience with networks and real-time messaging technologies (multicast, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP)
- Strong scripting skills like Python, Jscript or UNIX shell.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Experience providing application support for mission-critical applications
- Understanding of electronic and/or algorithmic trading systems
- Experience with Market Data providers (i.e. Reuters, Bloomberg) and related concepts)
- Good working knowledge of trading and risk management business concepts
- Working knowledge of FIX protocol
- Familiarity with job scheduling tools (Autosys) and version control tools (Perforce/Clear Case)
- ITIL v3 Certification