Network Operations Support and Projects for Electronic Trading Systems
Major Global Financial Institution Client
Location: Tokyo, Japan.
※ Eligible applicants should be residents of Japan and eligible to work fulltime in Japan.
EIRE Systems is partnering with a major global financial institution in Tokyo, to support and manage a dedicated, low latency, high speed infrastructure for Electronic Trading Systems and other critical business applications.
Working onsite at our client's Tokyo head office, the role functions as a member of a team of Network and Server infrastructure specialists to support the production environment and drive client onboarding and integration projects.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer (CCNP, CCIE level) for an immediate opening in this team.
Qualified applicants will have the technical knowledge and experience required to support a live network environment utilizing a wide range of products are provided by vendors the likes of Cisco, Arista and Adva, among others.
Financial industry experience preferred but not essential.
- CCIE lab certification or CCIE level experience is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP, L2-VPN s, Multicast (PIM SM/DM/SSM), NAT, RSTP/PVSTP+, 802.1q trunking, CEF, ARP, DHCP snooping, TCAM, Dynamic ARP inspection, IGMPv2/3
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP concepts such as TCP Slow-start, Dup-Acks, Retransmits, SACK, Subnetting, Supernetting, as well as Testing Suite IXIA, Spirent, Shundra, RFC2544 and IMIX/EMIX and test setup
- Experience in designing and implementing the following Data Networking Products and technologies:
- Cisco Platforms: Nexus and Catalyst switches
- Arista Platforms: 7000 series switches, Tap Aggregation switches
- Network switching architecture (Switch packet forwarding, ASIC architecture such as latency, buffering and capabilities)
- Have worked with different type of physical ports and transceivers used in the network
- Knowledge in timing reference protocols such as GPS, PTP, Spectracomm
- Basic Corvil or equivalent analytical appliance knowledge
- Basic knowledge trading venues and their flows such as market data and order entries
Other Professional and Desirable Skills/Qualities:
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to participate as part of a team
- High level of initiative, proactive approach
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Sense of ownership/accountability
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the teams needs
- Honest, hardworking and reliable
- Proficient in UNIX or Linux, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio