Fantastic entry-point opportunity into the Financial Services industry, for a junior to mid-level IT Helpdesk / Desktop Support Engineer (i.e. 1-3 years experience).
Your bilingual (Japanese & English) talents, friendly and customer-centric attitude, aptitude for learning new technology and hunger to develop your skills and advance your career will be key to success.
In this customer facing role, you'll work with an international team, to deliver and support desktop and office-based technology solutions for all groups across the company (a global Finance/Securities company).
You'll support and troubleshoot issues with a variety of technologies including but not limited to: Windows Desktop, basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Cabling), Remote Access Connectivity (VPN), Corporate iPhone and BYOD software/tools and Telephony systems.
- Directly support the technology user queries onsite in-person and remotely (via phone and video communications tools, email, instant messaging, remote access tools)
- Give training to internal staff on new technology products and initiatives.
- Build and deploy PCs, laptops and mobile computing devices; updating/maintaining inventory records.
- Deliver small projects daily, such as staff moves, software deployments or hardware rollouts.
- Take ownership of client technology problems or requests, keeping people updated on the status, until satisfactorily resolved.
Technologies in-scope will include but not be limited to:
- Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Office 365, Active Directory and other Windows-based software/tools
- basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Cabling), Remote Access Connectivity (VPN)
- iPhone and iPad, Android, and the associated management software
- Desktop hardware, LAN cabling, printers and various other peripherals and devices.
- (On the job training to be provided for): Various business applications and Finance industry Market Data applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters, EBS, Factset. Telephony systems (Cisco VoIP phones / Dealing Consoles / Voice Recording)
Qualifications and Experience:
※ Applicants must be residing in the Tokyo area with permission to work in Japan.
- Fluent in Japanese (MUST) and confidence communicating at work using English (both verbal and written proficiency).
- Experience working within a corporate environment, providing technical support for business people.(1-3 years experience)
- Academic background in IT and/or professional certifications such as MCP, MCSA, ComTIA A+
- Experience working with service management software tools or ticketing systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with local and overseas support teams.