Exciting new opportunity in Tokyo for a Network Engineer (Japanese and English speaking) to work in a team to support BAU network maintenance and change operations, plus ongoing network infra projects.
Our client is a successful multinational Financial Services sector company and they provide an excellent environment for a highly motivated engineer to learn the skills required to manage to maximum performance, a critical, highly available, secure enterprise Network.
This is a highly technical and service-focused position involving both operational support and project delivery in a global environment. This engineer is expected to have a broad technical understanding of Data Centre, Network, Firewall and Security solutions.
Your skills and experience:
- Strong hands on experience of managing network, firewall, proxy, security and voice products including but not limited:
- F5 load balancing and security technology (GTM/LTM/ASM/AFM)
- Palo Alto firewall
- AWS cloud network and related cloud migration project experience
- Cisco Routing & Switching
- Aruba wireless and ClearPass Policy Manager
- Mobility solutions like Pulse Secure
- Zscaler, SilverPeak SDWAN
- QIP DNS
- Strong hands on managing network protocols and technologies e.g. OSPF, BGP, STP, 802.1q, PIM, HSRP/VRRP.
- Excellent business sense for a technical support environment.
- Good analytical skill and able to solve complicated problems logically
- Confidence in communicating with various local Japan-based and global network product and service vendors (Japanese & English)
- Must be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy environment and effectively multi-tasking
Eligible candidates must be presently residing in Japan or have permission to work in Japan and able to return to Japan quickly.
Desirable Skills (i.e the 'Nice to Haves'):
- Advanced Cisco Routing & Switching products
- Experience of Cisco ACI and SDN solution and Cisco Nexus Data Centre Networking products
- Knowledge of DNS & DHCP (IPAM).
- Experience of UNIX / Linux and scripting (Python/Ansible/Perl/Shell)
- Concepts on data centre design and cloud technologies
- Experience working in a ‘DevOps’ role and familiar with SDN, NFV, Cloud and Cloud Management Platforms, and demonstrable
- Experience in integrating technologies through code and the use of APIs.
- SolarWinds network monitoring
- Multinational company working experience
You'll be accountable for (Role & Responsibilities):
- Provide technical support for products including firewall, load balancing, proxy, network and voice for JP and globally in the other locations.
- ITIL based Incident/Change/Problem management in a global operational environment
- Projects delivery and related technical supports in a global environment
- Leveraging external vendors to maintain the Data Centre operations in Japan and Hong Kong
- Resolving complicated technical issues with effective engagement with vendors
- Smooth service transaction from project delivery to operation via proper documentation, knowledge transferring and service readiness assessments
- Ensuring customer satisfaction, operational KPI and delivery of high quality of the service
- Work with suppliers and vendors for technical escalation and regular service maintenance renewal
- Work with incident managers, project managers and senior stakeholders to deliver services and projects
- Collaborate with colleagues across different regions to support tasks outside Japan
- Able to work over the weekend based on business requirements