Japanese Bilingual Project Manager, Software Deployment - Finance Industry
Senior Project Manager, to start March/ April 2021 for a 12-18 month implementation of a Workflow Software Solution for financial research publishing, sell-side research.
The business context:
Replacing a system the client (Japanese Financial Institution), built over many years with the new solution - which is a sell-side investment research publishing system that utilizes Data feeds and APIs to integrate with client’s third party systems (CRM, market data, etc.)
With the support of a small local team of Technical Project Managers and Product SMEs in Tokyo, HK & Manila, lead the project, facing off directly with Japanese client-side business users, managing client expectations and facilitating communications between client-side business users and local/global product stakeholders.
Financial sector knowledge and experience is expected.
The Project Manager (Scope):
- Managing all internal and client-facing communication related to the implementation project
- Putting together and keeping project documentation up to date for the client and for internal stakeholders
- Implementation timeline (Gantt chart…)
- Statements of Work
- Risk Register
- Meeting minutes
- Coordinating delivery cycle
- Making sure the Definition of Done for each deliverable is clearly defined
- Breaking down work required to achieve deliverable is clearly assigned to internal and client project team members
- Making sure all necessary work packages are complete for every deliverable
- Coordinate deliveries to the client
- Coordinating end-user testing
- Collecting feedback and validation from client stakeholders
- Keeping track of what’s complete and what remains to be done, gathering and organizing lists of issues and change requests
- Interacting in Japanese with the client and in English with internal stakeholders
- Managing client expectations and ensuring scope is clearly defined at all times
- Managing scope change requests, rigorously processing change requests and pushing back on client requests outside of project scope when needed
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent language skills in Japanese and English
- 10 years of experience in IT Software Solutions deployment, integration, consulting and support.
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Experience in financial services