Join the Electronic Trading Systems Infrastructure Support Team to implement and maintain the next version of our finance industry client’s large-scale, Linux-based, electronic trading infrastructure.
The group is involved in evaluation, certification, system integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, Red Hat Linux, configuration management solutions, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools primarily written in Python and Perl.
The existing environment consists of a latency and performance optimized, co-located trade plant, which is continually modernized and enhanced to ensure the delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure, with increased agility and flexibility.
As a seasoned Linux System Administrator / System Integrator
you will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists,
In collaboration with the global team, and often working "hand-in-hand" with our customers (external and internal), you’ll:
- Work to accomplish operations and project deliverables
- Address outstanding performance and stability issues
- Manage, deploy and debug large scale production environments
- Write and document secure, testable, robust code using Perl and/or Python
- Maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures
- Contribute to the global team’s on-call rotation
- Participate in open forums with your global team to discuss projects
- Assume ownership of the systems you support and manage
Other Technology Skills Desired
- Experience in large distributed systems environment, incl. co-location technology service offerings. Financial services business domain experience with major equity markets preferred.
- In-depth experience with Linux System Administration, preferably Red Hat.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Coding experience with Perl/Python and shell scripting.
- Experience automating workflow
- Experience with monitoring tools and solutions
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible, fast paced enterprise environment.
- Ability to work with a global team.
- An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices
- An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts
- Effective communication skills to a culturally diverse audience using English
- Ability to write technical documentation and teach team members.
- Solid understand of Linux Kernel internals performance tuning
- Deep understanding of multi-processor systems including NUMA and PCI device locality
- Experience with high-performance network devices (Solarflare, Mellanox, Exablaze)
- Experience with kernel bypass, FPGA, or another novel high-performance specialty
- Experience with containerization and orchestration a plus
- Experience with application integration
- Some experience working in a ‘DevOps’ centric environment