EIRE Systems is seeking confident technically hands-on 1st and 2nd level Desktop Support candidates for opportunities working onsite at our clients offices in Tokyo.
We presently have multiple openings working on-site at our customers - mid-sized and large multi-national corporations such as financial firms, pharmaceuticals & healthcare, bio-technology and industrial technology companies.
Working within a team of experienced engineers, you will help to solve and fix technical problems related to Windows-based computers, mobile computing devices, general networking issues and a variety of software (off the shelf and in-house developed software/applications.
- Desk-side and Remote support for internal end-user technologies
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Installation of OS, Software
- Deployment of Hardware and Software
- Research of technical solutions
- Escalating to appropriate IT groups for problem resolution
- Asset tracking and disposal
- Remote access support
- Documentation of support issues and maintenance of Knowledge Base
- Liaise with vendors regarding product issues
You will be quick to resolve issues either on the phone or face to face. You will have the confidence to deal with people in a professional office environment and enjoy the technical mix this role has to offer.
On offer is the chance to join a great team, with continuous encouragement and support in upgrading your knowledge and level of responsibility.
- Windows OS (7 / 8.1 / 10), system administration and troubleshooting (relevant Microsoft certifications preferred)
- MS Office (2013 / 2016), especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting technical problems using Remote Access tools.
- Hardware repair including hard disk, video card, and power supply replacement
Language Skills Required:
- Professional level verbal and written communication using both Japanese and English is required
- Positive team player
- Client focused
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to learn quickly
- Practical and pragmatic approach to work
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
※ Applicants should be eligible to work fulltime in Japan.