EIRE Systems' IT Solutions Engineers consult with our clients in and around the Tokyo area, to define and standardize their organization’s infrastructure, providing strategic designs and tactical solutions best fitted to each clients’ business needs.
The Senior IT Infra Solutions & Support Engineer
is a critical member of our client services team for designing, implementing, managing and supporting modern IT Infrastructure and end-user computing solutions and support services. Functioning as a technology infrastructure generalist and key point of escalation for client or vendor-related technical matters, this role offers opportunities to work in the following areas:
- Resolution of complex problems with client’s systems and/or software applications. Provide troubleshooting of client environments on an as needs basis, and propose solutions for problem resolutions or overall improvements to infrastructure.
- Solution design, selection, implementation and support of technology solutions encompassing servers, storage, desktop and mobile technologies, networks, telecoms and security.
- Work with other senior IT engineers and sales team to formulate solutions and make client presentations during pre-sales phase.
- Development and implementation of solutions; including preparing BOMs and pricing and implementation schedules for successful set up and migrations.
- Planning, execution and support for migrations of existing infrastructure to a variety of public/private Cloud environments, on-premise and virtual solutions. Plan and execute the migration of client email to Microsoft 365.
- Work in a Project Management capacity to assist our clients with new office build-outs or relocation projects.
- Review existing security of clients environment and make recommendations on how to improve their overall security.
- Conduct WiFi surveys with objective of proposing solutions for effective WiFi coverage at client offices/facilities.
for this full-time position include:
Customer Management, Time Management and Team Work requirements:
- A track-record of successfully building and managing technology infrastructure solutions for businesses utilizing leading Networking, Windows Server, Virtualization and Storage technologies.
- Understanding of various cloud solutions and services such as Microsoft Office 365 deployments and migrations, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft applications and technologies such as Windows 2003~2012 Server, Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Exchange 2003~2013; Active Directory, Group Policy, Sec Groups, Powershell etc.
- Experience with various imaging and deployment tools
- Broad networking knowledge including ability to design, build, configure and troubleshoot a variety of switching, routing, vlan, voice network, proxy and virtual network technologies and solutions
- In addition to technical skills, you will demonstrate ability to work with limited supervision through a well-organized, methodical and efficient approach to your work.
- Your excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills will always be on display through one-to-one interactions with customers and through your dealings with other team members.
- English is the primary language within the client services team.
- Customer-facing Japanese communication skills and cultural sensitivity is also important for the role.