◎ Data Center Operations Support for global Financial Institution.
◎ NO NIGHT SHIFT WORK!
EIRE Systems delivers on-site Enterprise Data Center (EDC) operations management services on-site at our clients’ Data Center Facilities in Singapore.
We have an exciting new opportunity for experienced Data Center Operations Engineers to manage the Data Centers of a leading global financial institution.
The teams perform a mix of BAU operations support for change requests and day-to-day support for all activities inside the data centers, and project-driven activities for new equipment installs and decommissioning.
Applicants should have a working knowledge of the day-to-day operations procedures for management of an enterprise data center. Basic technical understanding of the various physical elements of an enterprise data center (e.g. infrastructure cabling, network/server hardware, power, cooling, capacity metrics) is expected.
Data Center and IT-Facilities - Operations Support and Professional Services
The Data Center Support Engineer will work a member of the APAC Data Center Services Team, to provide the following services to the client:
- Data Center Operations Management Processes and Procedures:
- Administrative and coordination/communications tasks for Change Management Process, Incident Management Process, Physical access control processes and request management, and Support for procurement processes
- Support for regular reporting procedures on progress, as required by the Bank (i.e. move, change, support request tickets, change tickets, etc.) – contribute ideas to maintain, develop and improve the team’s reporting capabilities
- Hardware Support
- Installations, Move, Add, Change, Decommission of IT equipment including networks, servers, storage, backup devices, HDDs/SSDs etc.
- Hardware break fix support such as: installation of parts, reset modules, SFP module replacement, HDD / Memory replacements
- Connect and disconnect cable patches to equipment in the Data Centers
- Physical / visual inspections, Troubleshooting of issues for IT equipment
- Delivery arrangements and receiving of deliveries
- Provide onsite support during power down / up activities
- Inventory Management
- Management of DCS Inventory records (list of devices installed in IT facilities, spare parts and storage rooms contents), including regular asset inventory accuracy inspections
- Support for rack allocations for new install requests
- Maintaining cabling inventory and documentation for materials and new cabling installs
- Capacity management support (space, power, cooling, patch panel port availability)
- Facility Support
Required Skills / Experience:
- Coordination with Facilities and M&E Vendor, escorting and supervision of vendor personnel within the facilities
- Perform regular checks to ensure IT room floor plans are updated and maintained
- Contribute to developing the team’s understanding of DC facilities space, power and cooling management
- Fluent written and spoken English communication at a professional level.
Nice to have Experience:
- Working knowledge / experience of the day-to-day operations procedures for management of an enterprise data center
- Good understanding and knowledge in data cabling, i.e. structured cabling and patching
- Experienced in IT Infrastructure hardware support, break-fix and troubleshooting. (E.g. network devices, servers, storage, backup devices, HDDs/SSDs, hardware parts replacement, etc.)
- Good documentation skills and record keeping
- Knowledge of ITIL or similar workflows and operational procedures, including experience with supporting change and incident management
- Experience leading and managing a team