Be a key Storage Systems subject matter expert for storage systems design, construction and operation for the infrastructure that supports our client’s Cloud Platform; a platform that supports a huge amount of traffic, including core e-commerce services and a wide variety of other internet services.
As an EIRE Systems consultant you’ll be deployed onsite at our client's Tokyo head office to deliver the following professional IT Services:
- Design, verify, implement, and operate existing and new storage systems
- Minimize operational effort with automation across infrastructure and practice of CI / CD
- Maintenance of storage systems at 24x7, and troubleshooting
- Proposal, development, installation and maintenance of backup, restore and archive solutions based on BCP
Storage technologies are rapidly changing and many new technologies are being developed. Keep abreast of these latest technologies, forecast future prospects and provide users with the best technology.
Do you have the skills and motivation to design solutions to handle the high availability, stability and flexible scaling needs of this internet services giant?
Success in this role will require:
“Value add” technical skills / knowledge:
- 3+ years' experience in Linux engineering, operations, maintenance, and process improvement and automation
- Expertise and experience with NetApps, EMC, storage and backup systems. Ceph experience highly advantageous.
- Automation of operation management and development experience using programming language (Python, Go, etc.)
- An attitude to find and solve problems autonomously, and problem solving skills in troubles
- Strong interest in open source activities and distributed storage
- Development and operation experience of large-scale Web services
- Development and operation experience of large-scale storage systems using commercial or open source distributed storage solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with standard file storage protocols such as NFS / CIFS,
- Application development experience and programming ability to contribute to open source.
- Practical experience of DevOps including CI / CD.