EIRE Systems is seeking to hire an Information Technology Infrastructure Engineer in Tokyo to support our well known Japanese multinational professional services enterprise client. If you have experience managing a global infrastructure network, with hands-on experience in enterprise IT support and service delivery and are looking for your next move, this could be the role for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible to deliver IT services, that support end user computing and to contribute to IT projects within the company.
• Deploy and administer IT systems, including computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware, end-user desktops/laptops, and mobile devices.
• Perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the ITT Lead group.
• Interact with Service Fulfillment Analysts to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
• Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
• Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
• Provide IT consultation to the end user.
• Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
• Participate in technical meetings.
• Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
• Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
• Conduct systems performance analysis and provide feedback to leads and colleagues.
• Contribute to IT projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer reports to the APAC IT Infrastructure Manager and receives functional guidance from the IT Technical Lead. The ITT frequently interacts with end users, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Technical Leads, IT Project Managers, and external service providers.
Some business travel may be required, as driven by business needs. Special project assignment, backfill requirements or rotations may require short-term assignments to other locations.
Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.
• Extensive IT technical support skills with superior knowledge of operating systems and software.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
• Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive attitude even in stressful situations.
• Dynamic and proactive attitude, flexibility.
• High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
• Process oriented.
• Business English and Japanese oral and written communication skills.
• Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen.
• At least three years’ hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
• Familiarity with Windows Servers, Azure, Cisco Networking as well IT Security is desired.
• Familiarity with ITSM such as ITIL is desired.
• Computing or engineering degree.
• Professional technical certifications highly desirable.
• Previous experience working in a global IT team highly desirable.
The ITT is expected to select one or more areas of specialization. These will be used:
• To tailor the professional development and skills development plans.
• To assign the resolution of particularly complex problems to technicians with the area of specialization.
• To create succession plans and career growth paths for other specialized technical roles in the IT organization
The ITT may be assigned Executive Computing Support tasks.
Eligible candidates should be based in Japan or able to return soon and be available for interviews in Tokyo at short notice.