The intention of the SOW is to select an Infrastructure Project Manager for a Datacentre Migration project in Hong Kong. This role would suit someone with extensive experience of infrastructure projects, including Datacentre migrations, within the financial services industry. The duration of the project is from February 2022 until December 2022.
- Oversee the fit out of a dedicated suite within a colocation datacentre. This would include cabinets, cabling, final electrical distribution and security.
- Coordination of the core technology fit out including network and storage technologies.
- Coordination of the end to end movement of assets from the old Datacentre to the new Datacentre. This will include meticulous scheduling of all activities such as patching/unpatching, racking/unracking, movement and QA activities to ensure moves go without incident. These activities will typically be carried out at weekends.
- Working closely with the application and migration teams to ensure a smooth migration within approved change windows.
- Managing and updating stakeholders and documentation throughout the project via formal and informal routes.
- Ownership of the relationships with infrastructure and application teams.
- Manage risks, actions, issues (along with mitigation and resolution) and dependencies.
- Schedule, host, attend and record meetings as and when required.
- Ensuring all documentation and asset record information is appropriately recorded in the organisation’s toolsets.
- Stakeholder management across all levels and Management Information
- Cost management
Formal project management experience such as PRINCE 2.
Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Project Management, in particular IT Infrastructure projects such as Datacentre migrations. Familiar with working on large-scale projects, with numerous geographically dispersed stakeholders.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Datacentre Migration projects of 500 - 1500 assets.
- Exemplar organisation and project management skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft packages such as Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Well presented, articulate confident and professional in approach. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop trust in others at all levels within an organisation.
- Previous experience working for a financial services company and a solid understanding of how they are organised and work.
- Disciplined prioritisation, time management and scheduling abilities - (multi-tasking skills are essential).
- Exposure to the full suite of technologies used within an international financial services organisation including market data, middleware, database, server, storage and networks.
- Full life cycle project management experience from project initiation to project closure.
- Results focused and able to manage own time effectively, balancing quality and pace of output.Awareness of key aspects of the Regulatory and legal environment under which the Company operates (GDPR compliance, FCA guidance on use of Cloud services, etc.).