EDC Project Resource (Consultant)
Location: Hong Kong
Enterprise Data Center (EDC) is a global organization responsible for the Firm’s enterprise data center portfolio. EDC is accountable for the provisioning and management of data centers from initial requirements and construction through rack/stack of technology equipment and asset life cycle management.
EDC Asia is also accountable for working with the IT project team and Corporate Services for delivering any new office buildouts, enhancements, changes in the existing office communication rooms
We are looking for an EDC project resource who would be based in our HK ICC office to support the multiplie IT projects in Asia.
Detailed Job Description as below:
Responsible for overall project coordination with MS internal teams, MS contractors, data center service providers etc. meeting project deliverable milestone.
- Gather hardware requirements BOM (model, delivery dates etc.) from various IT teams.
- Build up rack matrix / elevations based on the requirement from different silos.
- Centralize all installation requests for different IT Teams. Raising Change Management request.
- Work closely with different IT third party vendors for equipment delivery. Raise access request to service providers.
- Physical rack and stacking of IT equipment (e.g. power connections, patching, iLO configuration) handover to different IT silos.
- Basic knowledge of patching, use of Fluke meter.
- Update equipment inventory management system and rack elevations.
- Coordinate and escort Telco carrier vendors for circuit installations. Witness testing.
- Coordinate and supervise installation of MS cabling contractor, witness any cabling testing onsite testing
- Prepare defect lists for different MS contractors and Service providers installation.
- Centralize all decommission requests for different IT silos. Raising change management request.
- Work with disposal vendors on equipment disposal, HDD degaussing and update store room inventory records
- Provide weekly reporting on project construction status to regional EDC team.
- Document management
- Data Centre Power-down management: coordination with different vendors and all IT silos
- Equipment Disposal : obtain all hardware equipment to be decommissioned from all teams, and work with IT Finance, IT Business Management, IT Security, and approved
Typical Years of Experience
- Operation activities :
- Morning/EOD checks: Hardware physical inspection, email status report
- Vendor Co-ordination : arrange onsite access and escort for vendors should it be required for break-fix, installation or any project works
- Backup Tapes Management : work closely with storage team to manage onsite tapes (stock management, replace ejected tapes, cleaning tapes management, etc), arrange tapes to be transported offsite, recall tapes from offsite for restoration
- Guard Arrangement : arrange data center access for other teams if required outside coverage hours
Minimum Education and Certifications
- Typically requires 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Language: Fluent in English. Mandarin is a plus
- Data center related work experience
- Good understanding of server installation procedure
- Good understanding of data center infrastructure and its resiliency design (UPS, Generator, CRAC, cabling, containment routes, etc). CDCP is a plus
- HP ProLiant DL and ML (standalone server), SL and BL (Blade)
- Dell Rack servers
- IBM BladeCenter E Chassis, x86 Blade, Tape Library
- Cisco 65xx, 37xx, 45xx
- Avaya PBX
- Brocade SAN director and/or switches
- Cable (UTP/fiber) patchings and testing technique
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and can work under pressure
- Project Management is a plus, such as PMP
- Excellent Communication skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving, negotiation and communication skills
- Solid organizing and planning skills, with ability to support multiple projects and multiple end-user communities simultaneously
- Solid experience with Excel