Are you interested in supporting a voice systems infrastructure relocation project for a global financial institution?
Do you have experience for implementing Telephony/Voice systems infrastructure re-locations and/or brown field data-center setups?
Our client, a global financial institution will be building a new Tokyo Data Center and migrating from old to new.
For this we're seeking to hire a seasoned Voice/Telephony Projects Engineer to support the local Japan-based Voice systems and related infrastructure re-location work.
This is a hands-on voice systems project implementation role, requiring project management and delivery, vendor management and the ability to take the lead in resolving complex technical problems as they arise.
In addition to technical planning and execution work, you'll be responsible for liaising with the vendors and telcos to move the Avaya and NICE infrastructure and the various voice telco services (i.e. PSTN, CO Trunks, Analog lines etc.) from current to the new DC. Language Skills:
- Professional-level Proficiency in Japanese & English Language – both written and spoken.
Experience in brown field data-center setups and / or voice re-location projects will be ideal.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a network control environment with at least 2 years supporting tier-one global financial organizations and experience in most of the following areas:
Eligible candidates must be presently residing in Japan or have permission to work in Japan and able to return to Japan quickly.
- Good knowledge of voice networking theory and practical applications
- Solid voice project experience especially for voice system relocation.
- Avaya PBX, AES and voice mail systems programming
- Specific knowledge in BT Trading Systems, trading floor private lines, hoot-n-holler systems
- Knowledge of Japan PSTN setup
- Avaya VOIP networks and equipment
- Working knowledge on NICE recorder systems
- Working knowledge on RBB Sonus Session Media Gateway
- Familiarity with Structured Cabling
- Ability to focus and perform in time-sensitive high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent listening skills
- Ability to manage own work effort effectively