EIRE Systems partners with a major financial institution in Tokyo, to manage a dedicated infrastructure for a suite of proprietary Trading Systems and other critical business applications.
Working onsite at our client's Tokyo head office, the role functions as a member of a team of Network and Server specialists to both support the production environment and to engineer improvements to the environment to enable expansions and increased complexity.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer for an immediate opening in this team.The Senior Network Engineer will :
- Represent the network team, as the senior networks SME during critical client meetings.
- Validate technical feasibility of requests coming from the client
- Review plans for changes prior to submission for change approvals.
...and function as a member of the team to:
- Monitor the health of the network using various enterprise Network monitoring, analyzer and performance management tools
- Manage and respond appropriately to alerts and users requests in accordance with corporate operational standards
- Contribute ideas regarding Network Architecture and propose technical solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with the team to design, plan and execute changes requests such as firewall settings, device replacements, configuration changes and updates/upgrades.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve LAN/WAN problems, performance and security issues
- Cisco switch and router and firewall maintenance
- Adhere to Network Engineering documentation standards for all changes/requests
- Create and update detailed network diagrams and reports.
- Advanced level knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 network designs and expertise in supporting a variety of enterprise Cisco switches and routers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and execute improvements in a production network environment.
- Expertise for multiple routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, static routing)
- Experience setting up, configuring and supporting firewalls, preferably Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) knowledge (including working with multiple VRFs and inter VRF routing);
- Multicasting - configuration experience (Preferred)
- Technical knowledge of Transparent Firewall configurations (Nice to Have)
- Cisco Nexus 9000 configuration experience (Nice to Have)
*Applicants must have permission to work full-time in Japan and be available to interview in Tokyo at short notice.
- Professional level English communication skills.
- Japanese language skills are a definite advantage.